Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Mid-Month Makeup Favorites


I haven't done a makeup favorites in forever, and I found so much good stuff that I couldn't wait for the month to end. So I'm going agains the grain and doing it mid-month. I'll start off from the top: 
The Benefit Creaseless Shadows are cream shadows that are soo pigmented and pretty. They are all shimmery and a beautiful range of colors. Here I have sparkling champagne, which is a color just as it sounds, and holy smokes, which is a deep grey. They stay on so long and blend beautifully. I find that using a natural hair brush, or even just your good 'ol fingers is the best way to apply them. 
This beauty product is sweeping the nation, and my love for it is no different. The Urban Decay Naked Weightless Concealer is another really good concealer. The tube and applicator is much like that of a lip gloss, and so it applies pretty thickly, but that's why it's full coverage. I wear the medium-light neutral, and it's a perfect match. It stays on, is a nice texture, and my overall everyday concealer. 
The Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil is another product that was really popular not too long ago. The pencil shape itself is a kinda long triangular shape, with a tiny point at the top going down to a little thicker on the bottom. I find it works great with my brows, because unlike the Anastasia pencil which was hard to really fill in my brows, this pencil does the job really well. I have extremely light eyebrows, so in the shade Soft Brunette, it really does a good job at adding just the right amount of color so they look natural, but it also looks like I have brows. Plus, since it's not a powder, it's not quite as messy or hard to apply.
For those who can't get the hang of the classic cat-eye flick (me), this is your pen. The Sephora Fine Waterproof Liquid Liner is amazing. The pen is extremely thin, and also a little stiffer so it's really easy to control versus other felt tip liners. I can proudly say that with this pen, I've mastered the cat-eye. Other than its easy use, it's a nice dark black and waterproof, so it stays on all day. I am unbelievably glad I found this, because I am a huge fan of the flick. 
And lastly, Tarte's Full Coverage Airbrush Powder Foundation is a great, and easy way to apply a nice layer of foundation. I may have mentioned it earlier, but I'm mentioning it again because it is really that good. I wear the shade light-medium neutral, and use the kabuki brush that Tarte specifically made for the foundation. What comes out is a beautiful light layer of a pigmented foundation, but it doesn't look like you have a pound of powder on your face. It covers even sunburn, but still feels breathable. The little brush fits perfectly in there, and it's so quick and easy to apply. The only thing I wish this had was some sunscreen, but hey it's still really awesome. 

Got any mid-month favorites? Let me know! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment