Sunday, June 1, 2014

May Favorites!

Time for another May favorites! Why I took pictures of them on my fuzzy chair, I don't know :). Anyway, like always, just click a link below to see where to buy something! Hope you enjoy and happy summer!

Last Month:
Last month I mentioned I would review the Nars sheer matte foundation and the Stila liquid liner. Both of them I enjoyed a lot, and I wear the Nars foundation every day. The color Santa Fe is a little dark for me, but I'm going to be spending a lot of time in the sun so that shouldn't be a problem soon. Otherwise I just use a bit of bronzer on my neck to even it out. The Stila liner is great, a nice opaque black. Being waterproof, it's a harder to smudge than a non waterproof liner, but it stays put all day which is a blessing for the humid summer. Overall, I'd recommend both of them!

Hair:
Enjoy Hair Mask: My hair did not take bleaching very well, and it has become so dry. This mask helps put a lot of hydration back into the ends. I usually put it on the ends, tie in a bun, leave it in for 20 minutes then rinse it out and do my normal shampoo and conditioner. Although it's pricey, I notice a big difference in my hair after I use it.

Makeup:
Real Techniques Starter Kit: I'm sure a lot of you have heard of these brushes but if you haven't I highly, and I mean highly recommend them. They are relatively cheap but a super nice quality. They are soft, really easy to clean, synthetic, and overall just super awesome brushes. I use them for different applications then they are meant for, and they work just as well too. Beginner to pro, they are really awesome. 

Tarte Lip Tints: I've had one of these for a while and I fell in love with it, but I stopped using it. Then, I found a coupon for these in 17 magazine, bought way to many, and fell in love with them again! They are buildable, gorgeous colors, very hydrating, and overall a great chubby lip pencil. They last a long time too. Pictured are my three favorites I just bought and my older (but not too old I promise) red one. 


Fresh Lip Polish: This is more of a winter product, but I'm finding I'm still using it. It is basically a scrub for the lips, and it helps to take off all the peeling dead skin so lipsticks and balms can go on much smoother without those annoying creases. It's amazing for those who have dry lips. It's full of brown sugar, and that is also what it smells like so there aren't any vile chemical smells. A great travel item too, it's really a wonderful product.
                                      



Nails:
Julep Nail Polishes in Harriet and Liz: These are cute polishes for summer. Julep is a great brand too. I have extremely brittle nails that peel all the time to the point where gel nail polishes would only last a week. Julep polishes, although more expensive than drug store brands, stays on for so long without chipping. I just put 2 layers and a top coat, and besides the tiny chips at the tip of my nails, they stay like steel for a solid week. 

Random:
Aromafloria Bath Salts: If you want to feel like you just stepped into the spa, this is for you. It smells so, so, so, so, so good, and it lasts the entire duration of your bath. Not too expensive for how much you get either. I mentioned them before in my Ulta haul, so if you want a little more info head there. 

Pens?: Yup. Pens! These Vera Bradley Pens (which are on sale right now!) are such a cute gift and they are much more fun to write with than simple Bic pens. 

Since that was a ton of stuff this month I don't really have anything for next month. Comment if you want to see a review on something though! 

No comments:

Post a Comment