Friday, September 11, 2015

Advice for Handling Failure and Letdowns

Okay I just first off want to say that I really don't like the word failure. It has such a negative connotation, and maybe not achieving something that you had wanted or hoped for is far from a failure. I mean, not to be that person who writes inspiring quotes but at the same time I'm going to be that person who writes inspiring quotes (if that makes sense?).

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
Thomas A. Edison
(That guy that invented the lightbulb and a bunch of other stuff we don't even know about but use a ton)

I think he nails it in the head. Failure is not a negative thing, but a thing to learn from, and even rise up in the future. I don't believe there is a way to be successful without making mistakes, and without having a lot of people tell you you're wrong. It's part of life, and sometimes it really sucks, but by putting a positive spin on it, it'll make you that much more accepting of failure. I recently didn't get a position in my schools club, and even though that made me feel really upset, I applied for the position because I wanted a greater part in the club. Now, I just need to have a strong voice, and enjoy my time there and I don't have to worry about making certain fulfillments and putting more pressure on myself. See? Positive spin. 
I struggle with let down's everyday in my life. It doesn't even have to be jobs, or school, but also friends and people and even a coffee machine that won't let you brew your coffee. (It failed giving you your caffeine!). The best thing to say to yourself is "It's okay" and if you need to put a swear word in there, by all means go for it. And now for another inspirational quote because I actually do love inspirational quotes (thanks pinterest). 


No comments:

Post a Comment