Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Disappointing Product Review: Clinique Super City Block :(

I'll be the first to say I love Clinique products and I was very excited to get this one. I have been in Florida for three weeks and I really wanted a base that would give me great everyday sun protection. I found it on Sephora for $22 which I thought was a great price for an SPF 40 product in a decent sized tube. 




Unfortunately after using it everyday for the past three weeks, it just didn't make the cut. Yes, it does protect my face, which is the main goal. But after putting it on before all my makeup, it made my face a much paler color, almost ghostly (even though it's actually tinted), and after putting on all my makeup it still looked white. It made my face super greasy, and after trying to rub it in, it left little dried up pieces behind. The texture and the residue it left behind made me super disappointed, and I'd much rather just use a regular sunscreen. It also didn't help keep my other makeup on at all because it was so greasy. It might work better if you are pale and have a drier face, but it just didn't work for me.

Keep in mind, that this didn't work for my specific skin, and everybody's skin is different. I try to give my best review, but if you find it works for you, go for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment