Monday, May 19, 2014

Ulta Haul and Weekend Fun!

I convinced my mom to let me have a little shopping date on the cheaper side of Ulta to get a few things on my wish-list. 


The most expensive thing was the Real Techniques brushes at $18, and considering you get 5 brushes, that is an amazing deal. I already used most of them, and let me tell you, I absolutely love them. I got two lipsticks, one by Maybelline and one by Nyx. Maybelline is a "14 hour" berry colored one (It doesn't last 14 hours but it's still a pretty color) and the Nyx one is a very, very bright orangy pink. I have a Physicians Formula green powder that, put directly on a spot or red area and with some powder over it, will take the redness away. Green is the complementary color of red, meaning they neutralize each other (and that is my limit for artistic talent) so the red just disappears. I also like to swirl a brush through all the different shades of green. I don't know why it's fun, it just is. I got some Neutrogena eye wipes since I hate wasting any big wipes on just my eyes, and I hate oily eye makeup remover. They are the perfect size. I also got one other thing that isn't pictured which is some lavender bath salts. I've never tried any salts but I love the smell of them and the brand I got (Aromafloria) isn't full of any bad crap. I'll be excited to try those, and being only $3, I couldn't resist.

On a completely different note, I visited Chicago last weekend with my family (quality bonding you know?) to see the Science and Industry Museum. It was actually a lot more fun then I thought it was going to be and since I just completed physics in school, I actually understood a lot of it. It's very interactive. If you ever get the chance, my top three highlights are: 1. The WWII submarine. It's huge (200 some odd feet long) and the stories behind it are so cool. If you get there early enough, you can get tickets to tour inside it which we unfortunately didn't get to do. 2. Storm room. There's a giant metal ring, for lack of a better word, that shoots out lightning. It is seriously cool, kinda scary, but something you shouldn't miss. I think it goes off every hour. 3. The whisper room. It's set up so a you and a friend stand at opposite sides of the room, facing the opposite direction, and when you whisper, you can hear them perfectly. Just don't say anything too secret (oh the pathetic attempt of humor). 

Anyway hope your weekend was great! Ciao! 

No comments:

Post a Comment