Sunday, May 4, 2014

April Favorites!

Now that the chilly month of April is over, it's time for a good old-fashioned favorites post! Click on any product to see a link of where I found a product.

HAIR

John Frieda Frizz-Ease leave in conditioner: I have crazy tangly hair, and this stuff is great! It detangles while nourishing, and it doesn't leave my hair feeling greasy.
Elastic headbands: These headbands are cute and sporty, but they are also really useful. Headbands just don't stay in my hair. Period. But with a few bobby pins, these won't slip at all, and they come in tons of colors. I've been wearing them constantly. 
Wen hair products: The styling cream is pictured here, but Wen is a brand of hair products that doesn't include any sulfates or sudsing soaps. I was unsure at first about the cleansing conditioner, thinking, "How can a conditioner WASH my hair?" but I am a complete convert. Yes, you'll need to wash more often, but it's so nourishing, that it doesn't matter. The leave in conditioner and mouse all are amazing products that help nourish dry hair and lock in color, and the pomegranate is my absolute favorite smell. 

MAKEUP

Benefit mascara: I've mentioned this mascara before (sorry it's hard to see in the picture dang lighting) and I still absolutely love it. It's a happy medium to all the benefits of mascara, and it lasts forever without flaking off. 
Tarte eyeliner: Again, I mentioned this before, but as you can see by how small the pencil is, I use it EVERY DAY. The color golden tiger's eye is a beautiful purple brown red color thats really unique, and it glides on super smooth and lasts forever. I seriously live by this pencil, and I don't think I'll be using anything else for a while. Bonus: It's vegan!

FOOD

Zoku slush/shake maker: If you're like me, and you seriously can't wait for summer, this will help. I stuck some strawberry lemonade in there, and made an amazing slushy. One of the best parts is A. You can put natural ingredients in there instead of icky slushy syrup and B. It doesn't end up tasting like water because there doesn't have to be syrup! It's easy, it works, and it tastes like some good old summer slushies.

RANDOM


Flower Lights: These are absolutely beautiful lights I hung in my room, and they are just so cheerful. Hefty shipping, but seriously worth it. 
Mason jar with plant: So I don't have links for these because they were bought from local stores, but I have a classic mason jar and filled it with a fern-type plant that moves when you touch it. I don't have a great history when it comes to plants, but I'm trying something new. And who doesn't love a good mason jar? 

NEXT MONTH (things I'm trying and will let you know about for May)


Nars Sheer Matte Foundation: I thought, especially for summer, that a matte foundation would be better for me. I've heard people raving about the sheer glow foundation, so I'd thought I'd try the sheer matte. 
Stila Waterproof Liquid LIner: Why I haven't tired this before, I don't know. But the last liquid liner I had was not waterproof AT ALL and, with allergy season coming up, I know I'm gonna get some watery eyes. Hopefully this stays true to the name, but with so many people raving about it, I'm sure it will!
Any other suggestions about what I should try?


No comments:

Post a Comment