Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Sephora Birthday Review

It's that time of year again (although for many of you it's probably past that time) where I review the sephora birthday gift. This years brand was Nars and let me tell you it didn't disappoint. 

Satin Lip Pencil in Rikugien: This lovely pencil is a pinky nude "my lips but better" kind of color. It's got a sheen to it but its definitely not a gloss, just a like you licked your lips. I like the color, it's a very unique one, but the formula itself is so-so. It's very similar to tarte lipsurgance, but comes off on everything and isn't quite as moisturizing. 


Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella: Staying power!! This pencil is a very finicky one to get on, because it's so bright and matte. Just use a precise hand and follow the contour of the lip. Otherwise, I love everything about it. Hours of wear, and my lips don't feel dry, and the color is just slightly darker than a firetruck red which I think is very elegant. I would very much recommend this one! Just be careful because like the satin, it can come off on things fairly easy. My favorite of the set!


Larger than Life Longwear Pencil Eyeliner: (only for rouge members) This is a very nice (twist up… yay for no sharpening) black eyeliner that is up there with the rest of them. Even though it says long wear, the staying power isn't fantastic, but it's very easy to use and not at all smudgy compared to other eyeliners I've tried. With a little eye base, I'd say that this is pretty good!


Overall I'd say better than last year in terms of products and quality. I do really like the lip pencils and they are a nice little travel thing or just everyday wear. You can find the kit here. Can't wait to see whats for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment