Wednesday, July 15, 2015

2 "Don't" Hair Products…


I am a sufferer from very dry ends in my hair, and a very oily scalp. It becomes quite difficult finding hair products that will nourish my ends but don't make my scalp an oil slick that I need to wash twice a day. Yes, I just put the product on the ends but sometimes I seriously think hair products can travel on their own. 

Anyway, these guys were actually good products. From what I could tell, they were doing what they were supposed to be doing. The Lush H'suan Wen Hua (pronunciation is per your interpretation) is a mask that I would put on during a shower and wash off at the end, then shampoo normally. Unfortunately, I could only use this guy once because the smell was absolutely horrific. It was so incredibly strong, and I think I may have even gagged once from it. I smelled it in the store but even then I didn't realize how strong the smell was. Not to mention, it expires in less than a year. That smell with a very steep price of $21 and that expiration date? No thanks. 

R&B from Lush was not that much different. At $23, it did last longer than the other one, and I could tolerate the smell without feeling like I needed to throw up. However, it was still a very particular smell that I didn't like and there's so many better (and cheaper) (and better smelling) products to put in the ends of your hair to moisturize it. Overall, just not worth it. 

Of course, these are my opinions and you could end up absolutely loving the smells of these. Your best bet is to give it a good sniff in the store and see if you can really tolerate it for that long, because they both linger. I really wish they did have better smells because they were pretty good products! Such a disappointing "don't"!

No comments:

Post a Comment