Monday, February 23, 2015

5 Drugstore Lip Products & Reviews




I'll admit, I've saved a lot of drugstore lipsticks for colors that I won't wear as often. But I think the ones that I have are absolutely gorgeous, and can brighten any makeup look. I'll start with the Rimmel Kate Moss in 107, which is a very matte berry color. I think the formula is a bit drying, but the smell and dark reddy berry color is so unique and beautiful for summer and winter. Wet n' Wild 24 Carrot Gold Lipstick is probably my favorite of them all. It's a long last lipstick that is absolutely amazing for the $2 it costs. The color is an absolutely gorgeous orange, but not garish or too bright for those who want to try an orange without going overboard. The Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream in Amsterdam is another gorgeous color, a sort of darker pinky red that is very unique. I'm not a huge fan of the formula because it's very dry and doesn't last long at all (plus a smell you'll either love or hate), but the price and the color justify it. I probably wouldn't go for the other colors though. Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids in Vivid Rose is a huge thumbs up. It's not a matte formula but rather creamy, which usually is not my top choice for very bright colors like this one, but it has good staying power, and I think the creaminess is very pretty. And when I talk bright, I mean BRIGHT. It's the hottest pink I've found, and for summer days, I absolutely love it. Finally, Nyx Extra Creamy Lipstick in Haute Melon is a lipstick I got a while ago. It is much pinker on the lips than the swatch, and I have to say it's not my favorite color as it comes extremely neon-like, versus a pretty bright color (if that makes any sense). It is very creamy as the name suggests, and feels nice on the lips. Unfortunately, Ulta does not sell it online, but I did find it in store, and it's on the Nyx website. 

Overall, I'd say my top two are the Wet n' Wild and Maybelline. They are just such fun colors I've never really worn before and prices my wallet loves. They are the best of the formulas, and I can't help but smile whenever I put these on because they are so much bright and cheery. Have any other suggestions I should try?

No comments:

Post a Comment