Monday, November 21, 2016

Changes

So we're building a house (see below pictures). With that said, we moved to another state my sophomore year of college started and wow it feels good to write again. I've also moved into my first ever apartment, which I got to decorate much to my excitement with tons of cute stuff, and lots of candles. There's been a lot of changes and for the most part, I won't lie and say it's been easy. I know I'm a college student and I don't even really go "home" often anymore, but I still feel like my parents are where home is. Except that home is a bunch of wood that kinda resembles a sort of house. 


Just starting!


More progress!

My biggest help in dealing with changes is to lean on those around me. While moving has been difficult to say the least (plus you can never find anything anywhere), I've been able to feed on the excitement of everyone else has to see the finished product and become excited myself. And yes, I do miss parts about our old house but not all of it is gone. The neighbors I used to call family are coming up for thanksgiving, and the friends I hold so dearly text me everyday. So I lean on them, and it helps. 

Changes sometimes suck, but they also are a part of life. You just have to make the best of it. 

Except going from sunny Florida to the freezing cold midwest. I'm so done with that change and I want to go back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment