Friday, October 31, 2014

Happy Halloween!!

October is coming to a close. Now even though it's 20 mph winds and 37 degrees, it's still a wonderful time. My house is a hot-spot for cute little kids as Elsa's and zombies, as well as parents asking to use the bathroom. But my absolute favorite: pumpkin seeds. Every year we get two medium pumpkins, scoop out every last seed, and bake them. We set them in a baking tray, set the oven to 325, and put garlic salt all over the seeds. Baked until a nice brown tinge occurs, about 45 minutes (trust me it's worth it) this is literally one of the best parts of October. Not to mention it's full of fiber and great for you! I eat the seeds whole, and boy they are good. Wanna give a try? It's beyond easy, and if you don't want to scoop out a pumpkin or take them from a jack-o-lantern, you can buy plain seeds at virtually any store and put some of your own seasoning on them. You can get really creative too! 

So for anyone that has followed this blog, I know the month of October has been a little empty in terms of blogging. I promise, I have more time now and it's still something I love to do. The way for me to show my likes and dislikes, and little tidbits for me to share to the world is so amazing. I'll see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment